Hasan ALSANCAK | Owner and Managing Director
Hasan ALSANCAK is one of the most distinguished (R) Turkish Chief of Police Officers and corporate security executives with 25+ years of experience gained from the Turkish National Police (EGM), international organizations (United Nations), and global energy companies (BP, BTC Crude Oil Pipeline Co., Vestas, and SOCAR Energy). He is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Corporate Security Strategies, Executive Protection, Brand Protection, Anti-illicit Trade, Investigative Due Diligence, and Security Risk/Crisis Management. He speaks English at an advanced level and understands several Asian dialects.
He served in the Turkish Ministry of Interior at several central police departments as responsible for country-level serious operations, such as the Turkish National Police Intelligence Department (İDB), Anti-Smuggling and Organized Crimes (KOM), as well as Protection Departments of the Turkish Presidency and Turkish Prime Ministry between 1992 and 2002.
He worked as Head of Safety and Security at the United Nations Safety & Security Department (UNDSS) in Turkey from 2002 to 2006. He managed the security coordination of the UN’s massive humanitarian aid operations during “Iraq War II” in coordination with all UN agencies in Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon, and UNHQ in the USA.
In 2006, Hasan Alsancak resigned from government services. He joined the private sector, where he served in global companies such as BP, BTC Pipeline Co., Vestas, and SOCAR Energy and significant local companies in several executive positions, i.e., Country Manager, Group Coordinator, Group Director, Group Vice President, General Manager as well as Executive Board Member.
He graduated from the Faculty of Security Sciences of the Turkish Police Academy in Ankara in 1992 and the FBI National Academy (FBINA) 205th Session in Virginia in 2000. He holds a master’s degree (MSc.) in International Relations from Gazi University in Ankara. His thesis subject is ‘the role of intelligence agencies in national foreign policy-making.’ He received master’s courses at the University of Virginia in 2000 on criminal investigations and law enforcement management. And graduated from The United Nations Asia and Far East Institute for the Prevention of Crime and the Treatment of Offenders (UNAFEI) in Tokyo, Japan.
Hasan Alsancak contributed to changing the Turkish Penal Code (TCK 152/3) on “theft from energy infrastructures,” which resulted in high penalties of up to twelve years imprisonment. He became very compelling in deterring criminals from illegal tap and theft from state or private crude oil/gas pipelines in Turkey.
Hasan Alsancak put a continuous effort into the introduction of ‘critical energy infrastructure security and energy terrorism’ concepts to the NATO agenda and contributed to establishing the NATO Energy Security Center of Excellence (ENSEC CEO).
Hasan Alsancak established PROSECURE Consulting Inc. in Istanbul, Turkey, focusing on the security needs of both national and multinational corporate companies. The roots of the company go back to the year 2014.
Several of the comprehensive security training programs Hasan Alsancak completed:
- FBI National Academy (FBINA) 205th Session, Law Enforcement Investigations & Management- Quantico, USA (FBINA) [3-month]
- Interviewing and Interrogation, FBI National Academy (FBINA), Quantico, USA [3-month]
- Criminal Intelligence School of Turkish National Police (İDB) [3 months]
- Financial Crime Investigations and Operations School of Turkish National Police (KOM) – TADOC [2-week]
- Anti-smuggling & Organized-Crime Investigations School (KOM) – TADOC [2-week]
- Counterterrorism Investigations & Operations Program of the Turkish National Police (TEM) [1 week]
- Executive Protection Program of the Protection Department of the Turkish Presidency [1 week]
- United Nations University Crime Prevention & Criminal Justice Program, Tokyo (UNAFEI) [3-month]
- United Nations Field Security Coordination Officer (FSCO) Program (UNDSS), Jordan [1 week]
- BP Global Security Management Programs on various topics in London-Barcelona-Texas-Baku-Tbilisi-Istanbul and others.
- Critical Infrastructure Protection & Resilience: Risk Assessment and Mitigation Strategies, Canada Critical Infrastructure Protection Institute, [1 week]
He organized or attended numerous international platforms as a lecturer and keynote speaker on different topics and wrote articles including but not limited to:
- Corporate Security Strategies
- Threat-intelligence Based Enterprise Security Risk Assessment
- Security Crisis Management
- Investigative Due Diligence Methods and Tactics
- Critical Energy Infrastructure Security: Holistic Protection Methodology
- Anti-smuggling, Brand protection, Anti-illicit trade
- Executive Protection Strategies for World Business Leaders
- Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice